“Your consultation during the period in which we were choosing the ERP system is still paying off. The “buy-in” to the ERP implementation (on-going, of course) as a result of your consultation has helped change the culture at Guill Tool for the better. The collaborative atmosphere seems natural.” Diane Guillemette VP Sales and Marketing. Guill Tool, W. Warwick, RI
A native Oregonian, Gary Langenwalter has consulted on four continents with more than 100 clients, both for-profit and not-for-profit, ranging in size from 15 employees to R.R. Donnelley and the US Army. He helps clients envision the future that they are called to create (their purpose), then unleash the passion and creativity of their people to attain that vision. Gary is a superb facilitator and a whole systems thinker who increases collaboration throughout an organization. Before starting his own practice, he was a consulting manager with KPMG Peat Marwick and PriceWaterhouseCoopers, and an IT director and ERP implementation manager at Faultless Caster.
Gary’s experience includes:
- Leading the changeover from a hierarchical command-and-control culture to Lean self-managed work team in 2 companies, with improvements in operational metrics (waste reduction customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Implementing Triple Bottom Line (people, planet, profits) sustainability, with a 400% ROI
- Creating consensus and cooperation between rival divisions
- Implementing Lean, achieving reductions in waste, lead times, etc.
- Assisting Intel retirees to find fellowships with non-profits through the Encore Fellows Program of Social Venture Partners
- Part-time mainline pastor (ecumenical, inclusive)
- Adjunct faculty at George Fox MBA program, including courses on operations management, organization systems, and consulting to non-profits.
Gary has written several books and professional courses.
Current involvements include:
- Teaching certification review courses for APICS – the operations management association
- Member, APICS
- Member of Oregon Organization Development Network (OODN)
- Member of the OODN team that developed “Vantage Point”, an organizational health assessment, over a 5 year period
- Member, McMinnville Area Chamber of Commerce.