One of the lesser-appreciated costs of leadership is waking up at 3 a.m. and not being able to get back to sleep, because you’re trying to figure out a way forward where there are no decent guidelines. Sometimes it seems like there are no answers at all, but your organization can’t stay where it is! Other times, each alternative has a huge downside. Still other times (but much more rare, in my experience) is the choice between good alternatives.
So, what keeps you awake at night? Is it:
· Strategy – where to take your company? What new products and services to offer? Which current products and services to phase out?
· People – how to find and motivate and keep them?
· Finance – where to get money for expansion?
· Sales – how to increase? How to recover from the loss of a major customer? How to find customers who are willing to pay enough for your products or services?
· Expenses – how to cut?
· Competition – what they’re planning next (or what they’re already doing), and how to counter it?
· Customers – how to deal with them? How to attract and retain the customers you really want?
· Suppliers – how to deal with them? How to attract and retain the suppliers you really want?
· Regulations, red tape, other government issues?
I hope you’ll reply to this posting, or e-mail me at gary
Gary Langenwalter 971-221-8155